Saturday, August 9, 2008

Where the hell did this shadow come from!?!?

Google's new street view is pretty awesome, but the fact that they are trying to hide the googlecar is pretty funny. At other places they just smeared black over the car image, but they were dedicated about covering up their tracks at my place. Next time they should be sure to either do their stalking at night or blotch out the shadows to.

Anyways today I feel generous enough (as in I already did it and I'm looking for something to put on this blog) to share my gaming setup with the world. Its nothing to jaw drop over in this modern day of HD sets with Surround sound, but for something in my own bedroom I can't really complain. Enough talk, NOW TIME FOR PICTURES!

If anyone is interested I'll break down the feature list of the whole thing.

- 51cm Sanyo flatscreen television. Settled on a non-HD set for the sake of my Guitar Hero games on PS2 which lack decent HD calibration. Couldn't really go much bigger than this because of the wooden cabinet being pretty small but it gets the job done nicely.

- Slim Playstation 2. Not much to really say here so I'll just run off the list of stuff related to the PS2. Two Dualshock2 controllers, two controller extension cables, two 8MB memory cards (one Sony, one Devil May Cry 3 edition from Hori) and a 1MB memory card (from Futuretronics) for PS1 games and a noname brand DVD remote+reciever currently without batteries.

- Nintendo Wii. Thanks to this little contraption my Gamecube is now boxed up under my bed. Along with a second Wiimote and official component cables there are two Gamecube controllers (including a Wavebird) and a set of Bongo controllers. Also two memory cards (59 block and 251 block) for my GC saving needs.

- Otaku crap! The Japanophile in me is always kept at ease with a complete set of Great Teacher Onizuka books along with beginnings of other series such as Evangelion, One Piece and Yakitate!! Japan. Also you can see the MANY plushies/figurines from both Japanese and Western cartoons. I <3 my moogle plushie!!!

- Games!!! Obviously this is my collection. Not too shabby when you consider my budget (or lack thereof) but its still got a loooong way to go before I'm satisfied. If only I started reviewing every single game I purchased since day 1, but I'm pretty sure that would give me a portfolio to rival real writers. And we all know I'm not a real writer!

So in short, this is my 'work' over the many years. Opinions or comparisons from anyone are always welcome!


No comments: